School and Community
- Enrollment: 1,482 students in grades 9-12
- Accreditation: Rated at “Improvement” level by the Colorado Department of Education
- Free/reduced lunch: 42% of our school population qualifies for this district service.
- Schedule: SHS is on an every-other-day block schedule with 90-minute periods and a total of eight blocks. Every course receives .5 credit per semester.
- Community: Skyline is located in Longmont, Colorado, approximately 35 miles northwest of downtown Denver, in a mixed suburban and agricultural community. Skyline is one of nine high schools in the St. Vrain Valley School District, which stretches across Boulder and Weld Counties and educates over 32,000 students.
Our mission is to challenge students to achieve the highest levels of academic success so they may thrive in an increasingly diverse and complex world.
Skyline High School opened in the fall of 1978. The name “Skyline” was chosen by students. The school serves students living on the east side of Main Street as well as those students who apply for the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) and VPA (Visual Performing Arts) Academies.
Assistant Principal, 12th Grade (A-He) Liaison, P-TECH Administrator