About Extracurricular Activities
Skyline has an amazing selection of curricular and non-curricular club offerings.
Please contact any of the following if you are interested in participating in any of Skyline High School’s extracurricular activities:
Athletic Director: email@example.com
Athletic Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clubs: Please contact the club sponsor or advisor
National Honor Society
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation’s premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school students. NHS strives to help our society and schools through volunteer work and responsible leadership.
- Our meetings will begin and end on time.
- We will silence our phones.
- We will listen to each and not interrupt.
- We will support our officers intentions to facilitate meetings.
- We will speak respectfully to each other.
- We will bring before the whole group concerns.
- To create enthusiasm for scholarship.
- To stimulate a desire to render service.
- To promote leadership.
- To develop character.
Selection and Retention of Membership means you will:
- Have and maintain a 3.25 unweighted or higher GPA based on a 4.0 scale.
- Be evaluated on the basis of service, character and leadership.
- Maintain a minimum course load requirement.
- Are $15 per member.
- Are due prior to October 15th of each school year.
- Increase by $3 each subsequent month with membership termination as of the January meeting (this excludes students who qualify for free and reduced lunch.)
Service Projects and Expectations:
- Complete a total of 40 service hours per year (ISP+NHS hours). First checkpoint is October 5th.
- Serve on a fundraising (bake sale, etc.) or project committee (Bonfils Blood Drive, The Giving Tree, Pennies for Patients).
- Attend project meetings for committee.
- Commit to a year-long Independent Service Project (volunteer at a local shelter, humane society, library).
- Submit the ISP form confirming your project by November 2nd.
How can I find out about service Opportunities?:
- Sing up for Remind
- Sign up for our NHS Facebook group.
- Share with each other and post opportunities.
- No service for relatives or friends will be allowed.
- You may not use Student Council hours, but yo may use honors certificate hours.
- You may start accumulating hours in the summer months (extra hours will not carry over to the next year).
- All hours are due early May.
- Inability to attend meetings (you can miss two).
- Serious infraction of school/school district rules or regulations (cheating, drinking, theft, etc.)
- Failure to maintain the standards of scholarship, leadership, service and character.