- Family Connections
Beginning May 10th, if a student is leaving and not returning to SHS next fall (17-18), please do the following:
· Charge Battery: Must be above 50%.
· Backup: Don’t lose data!
o iCloud → backup
o If having trouble backing up, delete all personal apps and/or use Google Photos to remove pictures/videos from device.
o Further help with backing devices: https://tinyurl.com/backuppackup
· “Erase all Content and Settings”
o Settings -- General -- Reset (at very bottom) -- Erase AppleID and Password
If a student is returning to SHS next fall, s/he will be issued the same iPad to use next school year.
Here's a video (See Spanish Version Below) to help prepare for this process that will begin on Monday, May 15th. A couple hints:
1. Encourage your student to email their Apple ID and password to themselves and you, or they can write it down as a reminder for August. They will need it to sign into the iPad in the fall.
2. Before returning the iPad, your student may wish to back up any of his/her student data. Information for doing so can be found on our district's LTP Family Connections website and/or the Apple website.
3. Your student will need to check-in his/her iPad, the case, and the wall charger (brick and cord). Any items damaged or not returned may result in a charge for a replacement.
4. Any iPads not returned by May 24th will be treated as lost/stolen, and the iPad will be disabled. This may result in a $350.00 charge to cover the cost of the iPad.
Spanish Version of iPad Return Information here.